One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small fly, moth, beetle, or sawfly whose larvae burrow between the two surfaces of a leaf.
- ‘If they do experience some stress, the insects that most often appear will be the leaf miner or scale.’
- ‘They help to repel leaf miner moths and some gardeners even find them effective against grasshoppers.’
- ‘This damage has been caused by the grubs of the azalea leaf miner and usually occurs on indoor plants in autumn and winter.’
- ‘It is caused by a pest called the holly leaf miner.’
- ‘Dark blotches and tunnels in the leaves of beet greens, spinach, and Swiss chard are the work of the spinach leaf miner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.