Lard prepared from the leaf fat of a hog.
- ‘After this operation, the hogs are brought to a leaf lard puller where the leaf lards are removed.’
- ‘The flare is found inside the loin and around the kidneys; it produces the finest lard, sometimes called leaf lard.’
- ‘When I baked pies and pastry back in my pre-low carbohydrate days, I used leaf lard for my pie crusts.’
- ‘The Leaf Lard Puller instantly removes leaf lard in one motion, without the need of a pre-starting tool.’
- ‘The not-so-news was that good leaf lard makes great pie crust, but is nowhere to be found.’