One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lard prepared from the leaf fat of a hog.
- ‘After this operation, the hogs are brought to a leaf lard puller where the leaf lards are removed.’
- ‘When I baked pies and pastry back in my pre-low carbohydrate days, I used leaf lard for my pie crusts.’
- ‘The Leaf Lard Puller instantly removes leaf lard in one motion, without the need of a pre-starting tool.’
- ‘The flare is found inside the loin and around the kidneys; it produces the finest lard, sometimes called leaf lard.’
- ‘The not-so-news was that good leaf lard makes great pie crust, but is nowhere to be found.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.