One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for subtonic
- ‘A good tool for determining the new key is to identify the new leading tone, which is located one half step below the new tonic.’
- ‘The absence of a leading tone in most tropoi results in the demotion of the fifth chord to a secondary chord, with other chords now assuming a ‘dominant’ role.’
- ‘For example, the leading tone, the seventh note of the musical scale, known as ti (doh re me fa so la ti… doh) predicts or refers to the tonic, doh.’
- ‘This line of thinking reasons that the resolution of the leading tone, for example, must be rendered by Ti to Do; Si to La, as occurs in La-Based Minor, simply will not do.’
- ‘A strongly accented weak beat, an isolated high note, an unresolved leading tone - all these suggest that somewhere, somehow, later on their unrealised implications will be ‘actualised’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.