One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for subtonic
- ‘Later in the same movement, we find a leading note in the bassoon that does not rise to the tonic.’
- ‘In the Key of C, B is the leading note because it is the note before C.’
- ‘This sharpening of the leading note at cadences was practiced quite early in the history of polyphony.’
- ‘Prelude No 2 is rather like a rag, but with a fascinating tune where the emphasis is on the leading note.’
- ‘In the third movement, it forms the leading notes of one of the main themes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.