One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Get married to someone.
- ‘Catherine her sister acted as a bridesmaid and Thomas Pringle led her up the aisle.’
- ‘He asked her if she would continue to lead up the aisle in single matches.’
- ‘These vulnerable readers would spend 20 years speaking with a fake Spanish accent, if a glossy-haired woman promised it would lead up the aisle’
- ‘Rauru patted her gently on the shoulder, as he led her up the aisle.’
- ‘Sadly, he never led me up the aisle or put a ring on my finger (actually, that isn't quite true), but this week all that changed when I became a different kind of Mrs Robinson.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.