One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being unwilling to work or use energy; idleness.‘it was sheer laziness on my part’
idleness, indolence, slothfulness, sloth, shiftlessness, inactivity, inertia, sluggishness, lethargy, languor, torpidity, slowness, heaviness, dullnessView synonyms
- ‘I no longer maintain the harsh criticism that students harbour apathy or laziness.’
- ‘The fall in the number of people voting has very little to do with inconvenience, apathy or laziness in the electorate.’
- ‘Another problem is the laziness of shop owners and law enforcers.’
- ‘I stay with them through apathy and laziness, despite the fact that I could find a cheaper partner elsewhere.’
- ‘Many believers feel inadequate and discouraged, but this is no reason for laziness or inactivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.