One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The kingdom has been criticised by the United States for laxness on fighting terrorism.’
- ‘I think a lot of immigration lawyers like myself laughed when we heard about the laxness of our immigration system.’
- ‘The family discord has been in progress for about two weeks, said the man, attributing it, in part, to the laxness of previous discipline.’
- ‘We are so inured to the laxness and corruptness, that we defend the bullies and liars.’
- ‘There will be no place for such laxness this Sunday.’
- ‘This is rather a relaxing prospect and suggests a hectic world becoming more gentle but please note, it does not mean a laxness regarding looks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.