One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The standard form of tennis, played with a soft ball on an open court.Compare with court tennis
- ‘And outlining the remaining works on the club, Young said squash and lawn tennis courts, a gymnasium, a swimming pool and the last nine holes would be put up in three phases.’
- ‘They also tried lawn tennis and cricket with minimal success.’
- ‘The competition will involve football, netball, chess, basketball, badminton, volleyball, table tennis and lawn tennis.’
- ‘The local game of road tennis is a cross between ping-pong and lawn tennis.’
- ‘With table tennis, boxing and lawn tennis returning to the sporting calendar there are 19 events set to take place at the sub-regional level.’
- ‘He said the college would host day-night tournaments of basketball, and lawn tennis next month’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.