A pink plastic flamingo used as a lawn decoration.
- ‘She has written essays essays on topics ranging from the pink plastic lawn flamingo to the Venetian in Las Vegas.’
- ‘You stumble back inside the party clutching a lawn flamingo and a dream, and you have become a hero.’
- ‘As a general rule, my husband does not like lawn ornaments so I used to tease him that I was going to get lawn flamingos and stick them all over our yard.’
- ‘Forget the plastic lawn flamingos of the past - this is the next generation of decoration.’
- ‘After a brilliant run of 49 years, the pink plastic lawn flamingo now faces the threat of extinction.’
- ‘Nowadays the pink lawn flamingo has become a cultural icon.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.