One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Act allows non-U.S. citizens to bring civil lawsuits for abuses ‘committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.’’
- ‘Originally, international law was, literally, the law of nations.’
- ‘A final aspect of the overseas patents attuned to the civil law and the law of nations is, perhaps, also the most controversial passage to be found in these documents.’
- ‘He must claim that it is justiciable to the extent that it can be shown to be repugnant to the law of nations.’
- ‘The pirate, by this definition, exists like a malevolent satellite to the law of nations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.