One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A perfume made from distilled lavender, alcohol, and ambergris.
perfume, fragrance, toilet water, cologneView synonyms
- ‘The lavender water smells better to me, but I think the rosewater suits you best.’
- ‘We have an old restless dog that has a hard time settling down at night, so one night out of desperation, I misted her with the lavender water and she lay down and went to sleep.’
- ‘A toning lotion with a much-cherished scent, lavender water purifies the skin while promoting its regeneration.’
- ‘By the fourteenth century, lavender water was so popular that the French King Charles V had lavender planted in the gardens at the Louvre to ensure the supply.’
- ‘Scented waters, such as lavender water, are a great way to infuse a heavenly, yet subtle smell into your clothing.’
- ‘Rose water and lavender water offer you a playful and safe way to enjoy aroma on a daily basis.’
- ‘The secret: an aromatic mix of organic lavender water, orange, marjoram, rosemary, vetiver and cinnamon.’
- ‘Both rose water and orange blossom water were first distilled in the 10th century, followed by lavender water in the 12 th century.’
- ‘Using the same water as that of the first two bowls, add some perfume drops, rose water, lavender water, rosemary water, or saffron.’
- ‘With organic lavender water and red clover, the mist refreshes hair after a workout so you don't have to rewash it.’
- ‘It contains 100 percent organic lavender water, which helps smooth hair.’
- ‘Best of all, I can make lavender water from my favorite lavender oil, rather than settle for commercial products that I don't like as well.’
- ‘This is a true lavender water and your linens will have the aroma of having been air-dried on the lavender bush!’
- ‘Mist your pillows and sheets lightly with the lavender water just before bedtime to promote relaxation and rest.’
- ‘Add 1 cup of lavender water to your bath while the water is running from the taps.’
- ‘With the saucepan lid still on, allow the lavender water to cool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.