One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crisp Middle Eastern flatbread.
- ‘Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until the edges of the lavash begin to brown and the meat is cooked through.’
- ‘We began - as all tables do - with traditional lavash bread served along with parsley, mild feta and a hunk of raw onion.’
- ‘But first I fill up on koubideh - grilled, seasoned beef and lamb wrapped in soft lavash with basil and parsley.’
- ‘Pita bread and lavash are easy to hold in a small hand without losing the filling;’
- ‘If using lavash or pita bread for this recipe, the cooking time will be considerably shorter.’
Armenian, from Turkish.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.