One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crisp Middle Eastern flatbread.
- ‘If using lavash or pita bread for this recipe, the cooking time will be considerably shorter.’
- ‘But first I fill up on koubideh - grilled, seasoned beef and lamb wrapped in soft lavash with basil and parsley.’
- ‘Pita bread and lavash are easy to hold in a small hand without losing the filling;’
- ‘Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until the edges of the lavash begin to brown and the meat is cooked through.’
- ‘We began - as all tables do - with traditional lavash bread served along with parsley, mild feta and a hunk of raw onion.’
Armenian, from Turkish.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.