One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural launch parties
A party held to celebrate the launch of a new product or publication.‘tonight was the launch party for their new CD’
- ‘We had a launch party where we tried to give the records away.’
- ‘The launch party will begin with a half-hour presentation by the site designers.’
- ‘I met up with people at the launch party for the free festival group.’
- ‘To kick things off, he threw a launch party at the Plaza Hotel.’
- ‘It was at the launch party for this magazine that he met his first wife.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.