One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A base from which spacecraft are launched.‘Baikonur Cosmodrome is the launch complex where Sputnik 1 was launched’
- ‘The launch was the first from a new launch complex, which the president dedicated to the nation on Wednesday.’
- ‘The first four Saturn launches had gone up from launch complex 34.’
- ‘Each base would have four soft, dispersed launch complexes containing five launchers.’
- ‘They are in the white room atop the launch complex.’
- ‘Its first flight took place in April 1999, from a mobile launcher at a new launch complex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.