One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A window with small panes set in diagonally crossing strips of wood, vinyl, or metal.
- ‘It has lattice windows and its own seating area with a wrought-iron gas fireplace with remote control.’
- ‘Finally she felt the urge to slide back the lattice window that separated them, and she indeed did so.’
- ‘The halls of the keep were large and airy, with polished stone floors and huge lattice windows.’
- ‘Similar picturesque thatched cottages with lattice windows are illustrated in the children's picture sheets issued by early nineteenth-century publishers.’
- ‘What, from the outside, seem like gloomy lattice windows prove within to be vivid mosaics of coloured glass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.