One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A window with small panes set in diagonally crossing strips of wood, vinyl, or metal.
- ‘Similar picturesque thatched cottages with lattice windows are illustrated in the children's picture sheets issued by early nineteenth-century publishers.’
- ‘Finally she felt the urge to slide back the lattice window that separated them, and she indeed did so.’
- ‘What, from the outside, seem like gloomy lattice windows prove within to be vivid mosaics of coloured glass.’
- ‘The halls of the keep were large and airy, with polished stone floors and huge lattice windows.’
- ‘It has lattice windows and its own seating area with a wrought-iron gas fireplace with remote control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.