One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Another name for the Mormons.
- ‘Their contemporaries the Latter-Day Saints expected the harsh climate of the Great Basin to be gradually softened by God's favor.’
- ‘The influence of the Church of the Latter-Day Saints is all pervasive, from the restrictions on the sale of alcohol, tea, coffee and tobacco.’
- ‘‘At any given moment’, he claims, ‘the majority of Latter-Day Saints are first-generation converts’.’
- ‘In most of these states, the Latter-Day Saints have been an important force as well.’
- ‘It happens that I have known more than my fair share of Latter-Day Saints, one of whom gave me the Book of Mormon to read.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.