One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A precocious Latinist, he entered the University of Pennsylvania at age fifteen but transferred to Hamilton College, graduating in 1905.’
- ‘As an excellent Latinist, he would have been familiar with the tale of the Sibyl, and probably kept the painting nearby.’
- ‘The royal secretary was a gifted Latinist with an astute legal mind.’
- ‘The Scotland that its intellectual ambassador George Buchanan, the greatest Latinist of the Renaissance, hymned before the French court, was independent, historically conscious, and proud of it.’
- ‘Now it's always struck me, as a Latinist - I spent an awful lot of my time learning Latin - that it's very, very hard to make a good argument for teaching Latin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.