One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plain cross in which the vertical part below the horizontal is longer than the other three parts.
- ‘Its clergy rejected Wren's daring central design and got a boring Latin cross instead.’
- ‘The Latin crosses in one of the crossbands are the only other indication that this sampler was worked at a Catholic school.’
- ‘The site was then sealed and a large Latin cross was erected above it.’
- ‘The navy adopted the Latin cross as the cap insignia for Christian chaplains in 1863, the first faith-specific insignia approved for wear in the U.S. armed forces.’
- ‘This sign with its staff nailed to the top of the cross would have given it somewhat the characteristic form of the Latin cross.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.