One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dominance of one side of the brain in controlling particular activities or functions, or of one of a pair of organs such as the eyes or hands.
- ‘All team members participate in confirming the name of the patient, the procedure to be performed; the correct site, including laterality; and the implant to be used.’
- ‘There is no consistent finding for hemispheric laterality of lesions.’
- ‘He has collaborated on studies of laterality by examining patterns of mouth movement asymmetries during different tasks.’
- ‘Issues of cross laterality or mixed dominance make the whole subject area a minefield, and I am therefore only going to consider writing handedness.’
- ‘The two treatment groups did not differ in age, gender, laterality of acute otitis media, or initial pain scores.’
- ‘During the 1990s he continued his work on laterality and the study of hemispheric asymmetries.’
- ‘He has also conducted several reviews and studies of cerebral laterality, primarily through investigations of handedness patterns.’
- ‘Table 1 presents the data for the muscle stiffness index of the left and right sides, laterality, and imbalance.’
- ‘Functional asymmetry of the brain and behavioral laterality may be a pleiotropic effect of these genes.’
- ‘They question what is documented in the patient's medical record and whether laterality is documented?’
- ‘There did not seem to be a specific predilection for laterality, although the number of cases was too small to be significant.’
- ‘This result has generally been replicated but not always with regard to laterality.’
- ‘In addition to handedness research, he has published on the biological demonstrations of the mathematical Fibonacci series in plants and the laterality of various brain functions.’
- ‘All patients having a surgical procedure shall have the surgical site, level, and laterality, if appropriate, confirmed by the entire surgical team before any surgical procedure is performed.’
- ‘The second major category of error is that of defective identification of patient, tissue, or laterality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.