Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the first and second ventricles in the center of each cerebral hemisphere of the brain.
- ‘Intraventricular meningiomas are rare but typically occur around the choroid plexus in the trigone of the lateral ventricles.’
- ‘The MRI scans were used to quantify total volume of the cerebrum, lateral ventricles, hippocampus and amygdala.’
- ‘The internal carotid artery supplies blood to the middle ear, brain, hypophysis, orbit, and choroid plexus of the lateral ventricle.’
- ‘He regarded the lateral ventricles of the brain as one paired ventricle and called it the anterior ventricle.’
- ‘And above each thalamus is the lateral ventricle, within the cerebral hemisphere.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.