One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who matures or flourishes at a later age than usual.‘a late developer, he burst to prominence last year’
- ‘There is nothing wrong or untoward about being a late developer—many races are won by those who had a poor start.’
- ‘By the time my schoolmates and I reached the age of 15, I, the late developer, had stayed more or less the same size.’
- ‘The 35-year-old attacking midfielder is a late developer who only took the game up seriously at the age of 19.’
- ‘I went abroad at 27, so I'm a late developer.’
- ‘As an architect, he was a late developer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.