One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Dysphonic professional voice users should be referred to the voice clinic, run jointly by a laryngologist and a speech and language therapist.’
- ‘I was forced to cancel work, and the laryngologist said that I was ‘extremely sensitive, and basically allergic to smoke’.’
- ‘One then becomes an expert dermatologist, an expert laryngologist, and expert alienist, and expert oculist, an expert internist, and expert diagnostician.’
- ‘The laryngologist told me to stay away from smoke as I was basically ‘allergic’ to it.’
- ‘Baseline data were recorded after eligibility had been assessed and consent had been obtained by the laryngologist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.