One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Baseline data were recorded after eligibility had been assessed and consent had been obtained by the laryngologist.’
- ‘One then becomes an expert dermatologist, an expert laryngologist, and expert alienist, and expert oculist, an expert internist, and expert diagnostician.’
- ‘Dysphonic professional voice users should be referred to the voice clinic, run jointly by a laryngologist and a speech and language therapist.’
- ‘The laryngologist told me to stay away from smoke as I was basically ‘allergic’ to it.’
- ‘I was forced to cancel work, and the laryngologist said that I was ‘extremely sensitive, and basically allergic to smoke’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.