One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of interactive role-playing game in which the participants portray characters through physical action, often in costume and with props.‘the genre we have chosen for our LARP is fantasy, also known as swords and sorcery’
- ‘Evie's Buffy Anime LARP is on Saturday, and I just don't know what to wear.’
- ‘I've pretty much given up LARP now, but used to be an avid enthusiast of it.’
- ‘As someone who came up out of role-play gaming I think Live Action Role Playing Games (LARPs) are good, though I don't play them.’
- ‘After the LARP we had more filming to do.’
- ‘I'm in a long running Changeling LARP at the minute, and have been for two years now.’
- ‘During and after the movie, Amethyst showed great interest in learning about role playing games, specifically LARPS.’
- ‘If the LARP had ended there I would have been fine.’
- ‘Look at films from the 80s like "Midnight Madness", about college students playing a LARP/scavenger hunt.’
- ‘The genre we have chosen for our LARP is fantasy, also known as swords and sorcery, similar to that popularized by J.R.R. Tolkien in The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.’
- ‘"Good lord, you're watching a televised LARP!"’
- ‘I've run into many people of this subculture via Vamp LARP, but not such extremists.’
- ‘I'm a bit of a Lovecraft fan, so I was quite interested when I heard that the H P Lovecraft Historical Society (who mainly run LARPs) had finished their film adaptation of the iconic short story, "The Call of Cthulhu".’
- ‘Unlike a lot of other people I didn't stay up very late last night after the LARP.’
- ‘In other words, they ran a LARP - but one played by experts, who knew what they were doing, and with the aim of illustrating issues rather than having fun.’
- ‘I think it was a good LARP and everyone made a great effort with costume, I was just too tired to really enjoy it.’
- ‘The origins are the modern LARP are numerous.’
- ‘So this online acquaintance was running a LARP and needed video characters for it.’
- ‘I had probably the most fun at this LARP out of ANY LARP I have EVER played.’
- ‘Events include role playing games, table-top war gaming, board gaming, card gaming, computer gaming, LARPS, stand-up comedy shows and anime screenings.’
1990s: from the initial letters of live-action role-playing..
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.