One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An annual Mediterranean plant of the buttercup family, which bears spikes of spurred flowers. It is closely related to the delphiniums, with which it has been bred to produce a number of cultivated hybrids.
- ‘That's what I thought, too, before I tried larkspur, an old-fashioned flower that seems devoted to making my gardening life easier.’
- ‘Will the poppy seeds come up planted where the larkspur grows?’
- ‘Most of our celosia fell victim to damping off, and the larkspur and other flowers were late.’
- ‘Planting early flowers will bring bees to your garden to pollinate the first vegetables - try direct seeding poppies, nigella, larkspur, cosmos and gypsophila.’
- ‘She uses all colors, but especially likes the bold blues of delphiniums and larkspur and the soft blue of Russian sage.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.