One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The cecum, colon, and rectum collectively.
gut, guts, entrails, visceraView synonyms
- ‘Gastrointestinal defects are structural defects that can occur at any point along the gastrointestinal tract, which is made up of the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, rectum, and anus.’
- ‘The colon and the rectum are part of the large intestine, which is part of the digestive system.’
- ‘Paneth cells are commonly found in the mucosa of the entire small intestine and the proximal large intestine, including the appendix.’
- ‘In other species, an expanded region of the first part of the large intestine, the caecum, serves a similar function.’
- ‘The colon is the large intestine or lower bowel and sits in the abdomen, forming the last part of the digestive tract.’
large intestine/lärj inˈtestən/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.