One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to the stock of a company with a large capitalization.
- ‘But the effect applies equally well to large-cap stocks.’
- ‘If this occurs, it may be time to rebalance your portfolio by selling some of your small-cap holdings and reinvesting the proceeds in large-cap stocks.’
- ‘That helped buoy him during the blue-chip bear market, but now he has shifted 70% of his assets to large-cap stocks.’
- ‘I have funds holding small-, mid-, and large-cap stocks, along with international stocks.’
- ‘And he wasn't achieving those results on bonds and large-cap stocks alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.