One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We both opt for the lardy full Scottish breakfast option, but judging by the smell (and look, because I am staring at someone else's table) of the locally smoked kippers, they would be equally as satisfying.’
- ‘With that came the now familiar combo of greasy offal (in this case lardy black pudding) with sweet sauce, this time a ‘red berry jus’.’
- ‘Discerning quiches have all been repositioned as ‘tarts’ to set them apart from those lardy eggy slabs.’
- ‘Similarly, my chicken tikka balti was tender and sizzling, the balti sauce sharp and tangy rather than a bland, lardy stew as is often the case, and the vegetable pilau rice we both had was full of tasty veg.’
- ‘If we want to stop western obesity, we can either change our entire sedentary life style, all take loads of amphetamines or get someone to invent really nice, tasty, fast food that isn't lardy as hell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.