One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer that is portable and suitable for use while traveling.
- ‘The analysts reckon consumer demand for laptops and notepads was behind the modest upturn.’
- ‘Sales of storage systems, laptops, servers, software and printers jumped as well.’
- ‘The thieves stole two laptops, a computer, a laminator, a DVD player and a video machine.’
- ‘You should always store the serial number of your laptop separately from your laptop.’
- ‘Most communication is by cell and satellite phones, and also by email on laptops.’
- ‘To me the point of laptops and desktops are that they provide different functions.’
- ‘Some mobiles contain modems that can be connected to a laptop computer for internet access while you're on the road.’
- ‘Sensors can also be placed around buildings to track the travels of laptops and desktops and prevent them being nicked.’
- ‘And touchpads at the bottom of the keyboard as on laptops induce shoulder-ache.’
- ‘Londoners left more than double the number of laptops in the back of taxis compared with other cities.’
- ‘The product is available for laptops, and there is an adaptor for desktop machines.’
- ‘The service is available to business travellers with wireless Internet enabled laptop computer or PDA.’
- ‘Most laptops have 2 memory banks and have a limit as to how much memory they can recognize.’
- ‘Some believe that smarter phones, and smaller, power-optimised laptops will squeeze it out.’
- ‘But the business people will bring more laptops on a weekday game than a weekend game.’
- ‘He was able to make a diagnosis from x-ray photographs emailed to him on his laptop.’
- ‘We have a total of four computers actually hooked up and operating: three laptops and one desktop.’
- ‘The building is filled with Wi-Fi hot spots for people to connect their laptops to the Internet.’
- ‘The product will work across business desktops, laptops and file servers.’
- ‘Taiwan is one of the leading exporters of laptops and desktop computers, chips and parts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.