One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer that is portable and suitable for use while traveling.
- ‘The service is available to business travellers with wireless Internet enabled laptop computer or PDA.’
- ‘The thieves stole two laptops, a computer, a laminator, a DVD player and a video machine.’
- ‘Most laptops have 2 memory banks and have a limit as to how much memory they can recognize.’
- ‘But the business people will bring more laptops on a weekday game than a weekend game.’
- ‘Taiwan is one of the leading exporters of laptops and desktop computers, chips and parts.’
- ‘And touchpads at the bottom of the keyboard as on laptops induce shoulder-ache.’
- ‘Londoners left more than double the number of laptops in the back of taxis compared with other cities.’
- ‘Some believe that smarter phones, and smaller, power-optimised laptops will squeeze it out.’
- ‘Sales of storage systems, laptops, servers, software and printers jumped as well.’
- ‘He was able to make a diagnosis from x-ray photographs emailed to him on his laptop.’
- ‘The building is filled with Wi-Fi hot spots for people to connect their laptops to the Internet.’
- ‘Sensors can also be placed around buildings to track the travels of laptops and desktops and prevent them being nicked.’
- ‘The product will work across business desktops, laptops and file servers.’
- ‘The product is available for laptops, and there is an adaptor for desktop machines.’
- ‘You should always store the serial number of your laptop separately from your laptop.’
- ‘Most communication is by cell and satellite phones, and also by email on laptops.’
- ‘We have a total of four computers actually hooked up and operating: three laptops and one desktop.’
- ‘The analysts reckon consumer demand for laptops and notepads was behind the modest upturn.’
- ‘Some mobiles contain modems that can be connected to a laptop computer for internet access while you're on the road.’
- ‘To me the point of laptops and desktops are that they provide different functions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.