One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of souchong tea with a smoky flavor.
- ‘I'm acquiring some old-school drum 'n' bass, drinking a cup of lapsang souchong.’
- ‘I unpacked my suddenly calorie-counted and salad-laden supplies, and made myself a nice cup of lapsang souchong.’
- ‘Still, fortified by peanut butter toast and lapsang souchong, I type on.’
- ‘There's something soothing and comforting about a cup of earl grey and milk; or exciting like lapsang souchong or elegant like Darjeeling.’
- ‘I now prefer the intoxicating blend of Russian caravan and lapsang souchong to the heady mix of vodka and tonic, going to bed early to sleeping in late, cook books to comic books.’
Late 19th century: from an invented first element + souchong.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.