One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small microphone designed to be worn on a person's clothing.‘she was being fitted with a lapel microphone’
- ‘A professor lunges back and forth across the front of the lecture theatre, shouting at uncomfortable levels into the lapel microphone.’
- ‘The lapel microphone was furnished by request.’
- ‘One of her staff members stood in front of the camera and removed her lapel microphone.’
- ‘In general, the room ignores spoken utterances from the lapel microphones not specifically directed to it.’
- ‘When performing in a large venue, I have found a wireless lapel microphone to be an incredibly helpful tool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.