One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An erotic dance or striptease performed close to, or sitting on the lap of, a paying customer.
- ‘I like to know a couple of things about the woman giving me a lap dance: She's at least 18 and has a future beyond the pole.’
- ‘Hey, who wouldn't be intrigued by sexy girls in short skirts giving a lap dance.’
- ‘She leaned forward and whispered, ‘Would you like a lap dance?’’
- ‘He doesn't see it as a problem when it's not a regular occurrence and it never goes any further; but from my side (maybe naive), I never thought that a man who was crazy about me would get a lap dance.’
- ‘She would like me to take her to a club where she can get a lap dance from a female stripper.’
- ‘We leave the restaurant filled with the type of giddy, satisfied glee you'd see on the face of a 17-year-old who has just received his first lap dance.’
- ‘But if you simply must get a lap dance before carrying out operations, could you try not to tell the infidel ladies about our plans?’
- ‘After Precious left the stage and came out to make her hellos to all of us, she insisted on giving me a lap dance.’
- ‘I still have all the marks from the rug burns from the lap dance I did.’
- ‘But like you, I've heard this report that a former stripper in Florida is claiming she came up with the idea and pitched it to Stan while giving him a lap dance in a local club about a year ago.’
- ‘I don't know if it was just normal nerves or if he was afraid a stripper would chase him down the sidewalk and give him a lap dance right then and there.’
- ‘A lap dance is still 20 bucks, even when the song is short’
- ‘You said never date a woman who you've paid cash to for a lap dance.’
- ‘She was basically charging $40 for a lap dance and stripping.’
- ‘My high school friend, who went by the stripper name of Chloe - though it was spelled wrong on the sign, as Clhoe - gave me a free lap dance, which was one of the least erotic experiences of my life.’
- ‘He grins sweetly, and I show him a real lap dance, and no one looks, because after all, this is America, the land of the free.’
- ‘Remind me never to bring you cupcakes lest you request a lap dance.’
- ‘I mean, how could they screw up something as natural as a lap dance?’
- ‘How about you get your bottom over here and give me a lap dance?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.