One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Laos or its inhabitants.‘mountains near the Laotian border’
- ‘The huge selection of main dishes with rice incorporated pork, chicken, beef and, of course, seafood—a staple of Thai and Laotian cooking.’
- ‘There was a delicate wicker sculpture and photographs by the Laotian artist.’
- ‘Laotian children may fear ghosts, but, growing up among Buddhist principles and culture, they don't even flinch at the sight of a mummy.’
A native or inhabitant of Laos.‘the Laotians are still partying hard’
- ‘The Laos culture has a unique foundation that has left the Laotians with their relaxed attitude.’
- ‘Laotians eat everyday foods to ring in the new year.’
- ‘She has seen a transformation as the children of Cambodians and Laotians enrolled in college and the groups got more active.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.