One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical evergreen shrub of the verbena family, several kinds of which are cultivated as ornamentals.
- ‘My lantanas have leathery-feeling leaves and white spots.’
- ‘Should I trim verbena and lantana to encourage flowering?’
- ‘The monarch-attracting butterflyweed, verbena, lantana, ornamental grass, dietes, daylilies, black elephant ears and white-topped sedge set a natural stage for the water.’
- ‘John, who lives at Sunset Beach, says his colourful front garden - full of bougainvillea, roses and lantanas - will give Steve's tropical paradise a run for its money.’
- ‘My lantanas bloomed beautifully for about two months, then shut down.’
Modern Latin, from the specific name of the wayfaring tree Viburnum lantana, which it resembles superficially.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.