One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was very tall and muscular and bronzed and lightly tattooed, with long blond hair that hung lankly down his back.’
- ‘He has grown up into a lean, furtive young man; his hair flopping lankly over a sharp fox's nose.’
- ‘Most, actually, were barefoot and clad only in cotton hospital gowns, their stringy hair clinging lankly to their foreheads.’
- ‘Hmmm, I guess what I'm seeing now is how he'd really look without the help of on-screen make-up, and with what's left of his hair uncombed and flapping lankly.’
- ‘Her hair, which normally hung lankly over her shoulders, was all fluffed out and piled up on top of her head like that of some Greek goddess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.