One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Using his bar mitzvah cash at the tender age of 13, the lankily hip youngster bought himself a turntable and mixer.’
- ‘Mark is tall and lankily graceful as a giraffe.’
- ‘Her legs are long and lankily shapely: not much different from my wife back in her cheerleading days, come to think of it - many, many pounds ago.’
- ‘He was the only foreign player in an otherwise all-British squad that evening and, emerging lankily from the tunnel, he looked less like a footballer than a startled foal.’
- ‘It then stood up and lankily walked off, disappearing behind trees and then reappearing again before finally disappearing for good.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.