One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mark is tall and lankily graceful as a giraffe.’
- ‘It then stood up and lankily walked off, disappearing behind trees and then reappearing again before finally disappearing for good.’
- ‘Her legs are long and lankily shapely: not much different from my wife back in her cheerleading days, come to think of it - many, many pounds ago.’
- ‘Using his bar mitzvah cash at the tender age of 13, the lankily hip youngster bought himself a turntable and mixer.’
- ‘He was the only foreign player in an otherwise all-British squad that evening and, emerging lankily from the tunnel, he looked less like a footballer than a startled foal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.