One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She languidly draws herself up to a sitting position.’
- ‘He swayed through gaps languidly, gliding into space.’
- ‘The days are spent writing music, swimming and reading while Dominic works in his studio, the evenings spent languidly in his arms in the warm evening air.’
- ‘He is still a charming talker who looks you straight in the eye as he languidly spins out his stories about growing up in Mexico, which he considers his spiritual home.’
- ‘The trees across the river flapped about in the rising wind, their broad leaves languidly enfolding one another, and then the blessed rain came.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.