One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A barrier to communication between people who are unable to speak a common language.‘Zhao wasn't able to enjoy himself in Germany because of the language barrier’
- ‘Hopefully, I'll be able to transcend language barriers with visual storytelling.’
- ‘The survey found that the biggest deterrent for businesses thinking of starting up abroad was the language barrier.’
- ‘Some artists have turned the language barrier into an attribute.’
- ‘Fortunately for the film-makers, their heroine's quirky appeal transcends language barriers.’
- ‘The experience of many refugees is of helplessness, of being ferried around by people whose intentions are concealed by the language barrier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.