One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of grammar, composition, spelling, and (sometimes) public speaking, typically taught as a single subject in elementary and middle school.
- ‘The third block and related field experience revolve around subject matter methods courses in math, science, social studies, and language arts.’
- ‘Students study language arts in two languages, mathematics in English, and science and social studies in Spanish.’
- ‘The following are examples of learning goals and activities that integrate the arts with the language arts, social studies, and mathematics and science curricula.’
- ‘Our daughter started 5th grade here in the fall of 2002 and was reading books in language arts that she had read in 3rd grade in Illinois.’
- ‘I teach two classes of grade fives language arts and social studies at the International Christian School here in Hong Kong.’
- ‘Whether they teach elementary school or high school, science or language arts, they come to learn how to incorporate architecture into their classes.’
- ‘I didn't care about any of the subjects taught in school, especially language arts.’
- ‘Other language arts practiced daily are writing and spelling, with grammar topics introduced from time to time.’
- ‘Connecting reading and writing has become an important trend in teaching the language arts.’
- ‘Technology education can be incorporated into language arts, social studies, science, and mathematics.’
- ‘However, lessons can be incorporated in other subject areas such as language arts, math, art, etc.’
- ‘Every high school will offer advanced placement courses in English language arts, mathematics, foreign languages, social studies and sciences.’
- ‘He took to spending his summers in Germany, studying all manner of language arts, literature, and poetry, and even taking a course in Sanskrit for a time.’
- ‘Anticipating the future development of an interdisciplinary unit involving science, language arts, and social studies, adaptation became our theme.’
- ‘The bell rang, and I rushed to my locker to get my stuff for language arts, the most pointless subject of the day.’
- ‘Advanced math and science courses were also provided as well as courses in language arts, social studies, and the arts.’
- ‘Too often, the different curricular subjects, such as social studies, language arts, math, and science, are presented to students in a vacuum.’
- ‘The study focuses on math and language arts, and the results strongly support these hypotheses.’
- ‘Conflicts especially abound in English literature, language arts, social studies, and the humanities.’
- ‘The school's elementary school curriculum puts more emphasis on language arts and mathematics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.