One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of grammar, composition, spelling, and (sometimes) public speaking, typically taught as a single subject in elementary and middle school.
- ‘I teach two classes of grade fives language arts and social studies at the International Christian School here in Hong Kong.’
- ‘Every high school will offer advanced placement courses in English language arts, mathematics, foreign languages, social studies and sciences.’
- ‘The study focuses on math and language arts, and the results strongly support these hypotheses.’
- ‘The bell rang, and I rushed to my locker to get my stuff for language arts, the most pointless subject of the day.’
- ‘Advanced math and science courses were also provided as well as courses in language arts, social studies, and the arts.’
- ‘He took to spending his summers in Germany, studying all manner of language arts, literature, and poetry, and even taking a course in Sanskrit for a time.’
- ‘However, lessons can be incorporated in other subject areas such as language arts, math, art, etc.’
- ‘I didn't care about any of the subjects taught in school, especially language arts.’
- ‘The third block and related field experience revolve around subject matter methods courses in math, science, social studies, and language arts.’
- ‘Too often, the different curricular subjects, such as social studies, language arts, math, and science, are presented to students in a vacuum.’
- ‘Whether they teach elementary school or high school, science or language arts, they come to learn how to incorporate architecture into their classes.’
- ‘The following are examples of learning goals and activities that integrate the arts with the language arts, social studies, and mathematics and science curricula.’
- ‘Anticipating the future development of an interdisciplinary unit involving science, language arts, and social studies, adaptation became our theme.’
- ‘Conflicts especially abound in English literature, language arts, social studies, and the humanities.’
- ‘Connecting reading and writing has become an important trend in teaching the language arts.’
- ‘Technology education can be incorporated into language arts, social studies, science, and mathematics.’
- ‘Our daughter started 5th grade here in the fall of 2002 and was reading books in language arts that she had read in 3rd grade in Illinois.’
- ‘The school's elementary school curriculum puts more emphasis on language arts and mathematics.’
- ‘Other language arts practiced daily are writing and spelling, with grammar topics introduced from time to time.’
- ‘Students study language arts in two languages, mathematics in English, and science and social studies in Spanish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.