Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for langouste
- ‘Wouldn't you know it, feast or famine, an hour ago, just before we were readying to leave, another Panga came by, with 2 different fishermen with more langostas.’
- ‘Then, on a whim, he tossed in some local langosta, lobster.’
- ‘Chupe de langosta, a concoction of silken lobster in a brandied broth, gets a hint of cream to smooth it out.’
- ‘In California it is generally known as ‘langosta’.’
- ‘Cuba is a major producer of spiny lobster or langosta.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.