One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The panel will examine general patterns of land ownership and landlessness.’
- ‘The percentage of landlessness was very high - 47 per cent among the families of the villages surveyed.’
- ‘Therefore, increasing landlessness (even in terms of occupancy holdings) of the rural population may also lead to less employment generation in agriculture.’
- ‘But with poverty and landlessness forcing many villagers and internal refugees elsewhere in Cambodia to move back into mined areas, the need for clearance teams has seldom been stronger.’
- ‘Displacement of families owing to development projects, unemployment and landlessness force the migrant to sell his child for labour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.