Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The section of a website accessed by clicking a hyperlink on another web page, typically the website's home page.
- ‘Spending the extra time and work to improve your landing pages can help you realize your conversion goals.’
- ‘I've seen lots of attractive sites with video and sound that run when the landing page loads.’
- ‘Check out the landing pages used by the top advertisers.’
- ‘Understanding how to build an effective landing page is extremely important.’
- ‘The landing page is a highly customized marketing copy for your product or service or affiliate product or service.’
- ‘You need to optimize your landing pages for humans too.’
- ‘Anyone who comes to your landing page has already been screened by your ad.’
- ‘Before the recent update to our PRO landing page, we had just one PRO signup from a mobile device.’
- ‘The point of the landing page is to prevent your visitor from wandering.’
- ‘The more simple and eye-catching your landing page can be, the better results you'll have.’
- ‘Take the time to think and rethink, work and rework your landing pages.’
- ‘Instead of blogging to convert your website visitors into customers in 2010, work hard to test and develop great landing page content.’
- ‘Yet some successful landing pages do feature reviews of multiple products within a given category.’
- ‘I change my landing page every once in a while, to track responses.’
- ‘As a developer when I was asked to make URL rewrite changes and create landing pages, etc. It bothered me that I felt like these changes were for nothing, just some marketing fluff that wasn't really going to help much.’
- ‘Don't hesitate to ask your merchants for co-branded or personalized landing pages, many of them would be more than happy to help you out.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.