One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radio transmitter whose signal guides an aircraft or spacecraft that is making a landing.‘they set up landing beacons for the remaining aircraft’
- ‘You set up a landing beacon, and suddenly hundreds of friendly troops drop all around you.’
- ‘He reckons that as you get older, Santa might forget to call so he needs a landing beacon.’
- ‘Please keep to your assigned vector and do not deviate from the landing beacon.’
- ‘Dwarfed by the gigantic space station, it followed the landing beacon towards the docking bays.’
- ‘The big light on top pointed to the sky like some sort of alien landing beacon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.