One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radio transmitter whose signal guides an aircraft or spacecraft that is making a landing.‘they set up landing beacons for the remaining aircraft’
- ‘He reckons that as you get older, Santa might forget to call so he needs a landing beacon.’
- ‘Please keep to your assigned vector and do not deviate from the landing beacon.’
- ‘Dwarfed by the gigantic space station, it followed the landing beacon towards the docking bays.’
- ‘The big light on top pointed to the sky like some sort of alien landing beacon.’
- ‘You set up a landing beacon, and suddenly hundreds of friendly troops drop all around you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.