Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The practice of buying land as an investment, holding it for future use, and making no specific plans for its development.
- ‘Every single Councillor supported this measure due to their awareness that speculative land banking must be controlled.’
- ‘The unscrupulous practice of 'landbanking' has seen a sharp rise in 2009.’
- ‘Proposals to relax planning rules will fuel the expansion of the practice of land banking, which leaves fields and woods neglected, a report said yesterday.’
- ‘Projects for land banking… were by no means lacking long after commercial banks had been well established in this country.’
- ‘Join others who have discovered the advantages that strategic landbanking has over other types of real estate ownership.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.