One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A large body of land held by a public or private organization for future development or disposal.
- ‘China Resources Land's mainland land bank represents about 2.38 million square metres in gross floor area, for a total market value of 16.7 billion yuan.’
- ‘Fingal County Council used its land bank and, in partner-ship with a private developer, over 700 housing units in a mix of social, affordable and private homes were built.’
- ‘‘We would have to dispose of our land bank at Riverstown to buy the new site,’ he added.’
- ‘He also revealed that the land bank in the county now amounted to 7,200 plots, ‘so we have good support to grow our business in the future’.’
- ‘The proximity of the Goffs lands to this new interchange has given added impetus to our aspirations for the development of the land bank, according to Mr Osborne.’
- ‘Barratt's managing director John Reed said that in spite of the new deposits in the regional land bank the company needed to continue its land acquisition programme.’
- ‘Housing associations are being offered the contract to build 250 socially rented homes, while developers are being asked to make offers on a land bank for up to 500 properties.’
- ‘At June 30, the company had a land bank of 3.58 million square metres in the mainland.’
- ‘The mid-sized Shanghai-based developer plans to spend 4 billion yuan this year to increase its land bank.’
- ‘Tse said developers with a low-cost land bank and which focused on the mass-residential market away from the city centre, as well as niche players with cleared sites in the city centre stood to gain most.’
- ‘‘Carlow has a skilled work force and it has a land bank needed to grow the fuel of the future,’ she said.’
- ‘Now, however, it is located in an area undergoing huge change so the value of its land bank has increased enormously.’
- ‘We have a significant land bank for residential property, totalling around 300,000 acres with planning potential, so we are going to have a major focus on that.’
- ‘The Port of Waterford, in conjunction with Kilkenny County Council, has acquired a substantial land bank immediately adjacent to the Belview facility.’
- ‘Mayo Co Council is continuing to seek a suitable land bank for the development of houses in Belmullet town.’
- ‘Chan said it would not be difficult for the developer to replenish its land bank by one to two million square feet annually.’
- ‘With a nose for sniffing out brownfield sites with good potential, Robinson and Clarke are quietly amassing a promising strategic land bank for the future.’
- ‘Sino Land is replenishing its land bank after slowing down land acquisitions over the past few years due to the market slump.’
- ‘It added gross floor area of about 1.85 million square metres to its land bank during the first six months to 7.97 million sq m.’
- ‘With a recent boost to its war chest, Hang Lung Properties said it has sufficient capital to replenish its land bank.’
2A bank whose main function is to provide loans for land purchase, especially by farmers.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.