One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A surgical operation to remove the back of one or more vertebrae, usually to give access to the spinal cord or to relieve pressure on nerves.
- ‘He proceeded to a decompression laminectomy, which resulted in gradual restoration of function.’
- ‘Two years earlier while living in another city, she underwent an anterior cervical laminectomy by a neurosurgeon.’
- ‘Surgical intervention is often limited to laminectomy with biopsy and decompression.’
- ‘A benign meningioma was completely excised after laminectomy, and she is making a good recovery.’
- ‘The project director identified patients undergoing laminectomies, craniotomies, and colectomies who could participate in the initiative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.