Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation to remove the back of one or more vertebrae, usually to give access to the spinal cord or to relieve pressure on nerves.
- ‘Two years earlier while living in another city, she underwent an anterior cervical laminectomy by a neurosurgeon.’
- ‘A benign meningioma was completely excised after laminectomy, and she is making a good recovery.’
- ‘He proceeded to a decompression laminectomy, which resulted in gradual restoration of function.’
- ‘The project director identified patients undergoing laminectomies, craniotomies, and colectomies who could participate in the initiative.’
- ‘Surgical intervention is often limited to laminectomy with biopsy and decompression.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.