Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation to remove the back of one or more vertebrae, usually to give access to the spinal cord or to relieve pressure on nerves.
- ‘The project director identified patients undergoing laminectomies, craniotomies, and colectomies who could participate in the initiative.’
- ‘A benign meningioma was completely excised after laminectomy, and she is making a good recovery.’
- ‘Two years earlier while living in another city, she underwent an anterior cervical laminectomy by a neurosurgeon.’
- ‘He proceeded to a decompression laminectomy, which resulted in gradual restoration of function.’
- ‘Surgical intervention is often limited to laminectomy with biopsy and decompression.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.