One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fine wool from a young sheep, used to make knitted garments, blankets, etc., with a soft texture.
- ‘They include green cloth upholstered seats instead of the usual black leather and light green lambswool rugs and rosewood trim.’
- ‘In disgust, dumped all the old stock and, when I got into town, walked along to Marks & Spencer and reloaded my wardrobe with some nice soft lambswool socks.’
- ‘My fur-lined black leather ankle boots served well to keep my feet warm, and I put my red lambswool winter hat in my bag before leaving and wrapped the matching scarf around my neck.’
- ‘For super snoozing luxury, you can go for a Travel Comfortable pillow cover in lambswool or possum fur (a pillow with possum fur cover costs $50.95).’
- ‘Mulesing, which the Australian government has said it will ban in 2010, is carried out to stop blowfly laying eggs in lambswool, as the flesh-eating maggots which emerge can fatally wound the animals.’
- ‘Morgan sent her a look and slipped into his well worn, lambswool slippers.’
- ‘I'll be working with new summer-weight yarns and new styles - socks, shawls, cashmere and lambswool sweaters, even hairbands.’
- ‘The nicest quality autumn poncho I have seen is a soft lambswool angora mix one by Autograph, selling in selected Marks and Spencer stores and retailing at about £49.’
- ‘Their silk and lambswool blanket has silk borders on all four sides.’
- ‘The beds are huge and very comfortable and Angora and lambswool rugs are available on request.’
- ‘Design at the Granary also carries a large range of Johnstons of Scotland cashmere and lambswool, homeware and knitware.’
- ‘The natty funnel-neck jumpers in cashmere or lambswool will transform your man into the epitome of understated cool.’
- ‘The Lyle & Scott lambswool jumpers this season come in beautiful shades such as dewberry, sea mist and angel pink.’
- ‘Men, especially middle-aged or elderly men, still wear traditional lambswool hats.’
- ‘The French of my age were stuck in knee-length kilts and lambswool turtlenecks.’
- ‘Let the finish dry for a week before buffing with a hard paste wax or lambswool pad.’
- ‘Recently, high-street retailers such as Gap, French Connection and Burtons have been selling cashmere, cashmere mix or ‘synthetic cashmere’ sweaters at prices you'd normally expect to pay for a lambswool V-neck at Marks & Spencer.’
- ‘So the hope does exist, but Morrison refuses to reveal whether Sethe has begun to heal or whether, as she lies under the quilt singing of lambswool and jackweed much as Baby speculated about color in her last days, she simply waits to die.’
- ‘The textile art piece in the below picture is designed from lambswool fabric.’
- ‘I'd bought new slippers, leather with lambswool inserts and I eased them on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.