One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A harsh criticism.‘he received a lambasting from critics and fans’
- ‘He gave the guy a lambasting, too.’
- ‘The authors touch on the critical lambasting the horror genre took from its very inception.’
- ‘Most traffic calming measures are necessary and need applauding, not lambasting by people more concerned about their precious cars than the important issues.’
- ‘He has given a new author a lambasting I'm sure he wouldn't have appreciated when he was starting out.’
- ‘His recent lambasting of gangsta rap has attracted a great deal of indignation.’
- ‘The hypocrisy of the Victorian era often gets a lambasting in this book.’
- ‘The pair's humor excludes no one from a vigorous lambasting.’
- ‘The president's popularity regarding environmental policy was low and a lambasting at the environmental conference was expected.’
- ‘She then proceeded to give the pair a verbal lambasting, calling them good for nothing animals.’
- ‘I was on the receiving end of a pretty decent lambasting from his mother about "ruining the experience" for her kids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.