One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A harsh criticism.‘he received a lambasting from critics and fans’
- ‘He has given a new author a lambasting I'm sure he wouldn't have appreciated when he was starting out.’
- ‘His recent lambasting of gangsta rap has attracted a great deal of indignation.’
- ‘She then proceeded to give the pair a verbal lambasting, calling them good for nothing animals.’
- ‘He gave the guy a lambasting, too.’
- ‘The pair's humor excludes no one from a vigorous lambasting.’
- ‘I was on the receiving end of a pretty decent lambasting from his mother about "ruining the experience" for her kids.’
- ‘The hypocrisy of the Victorian era often gets a lambasting in this book.’
- ‘The authors touch on the critical lambasting the horror genre took from its very inception.’
- ‘The president's popularity regarding environmental policy was low and a lambasting at the environmental conference was expected.’
- ‘Most traffic calming measures are necessary and need applauding, not lambasting by people more concerned about their precious cars than the important issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.