One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Scroll paintings called tanka that depicted the various gods and saints of Lamaist Buddhism decorated every temple.’
- ‘The Bogd Gegeen, or spiritual leader of Mongolia's Lamaists, was proclaimed khan of Mongolia on 16 December, and the country's religious center, Urga, became the capital.’
- ‘A Lamaist monk, he wears a five-part ritual crown similar to the one in Plate XIII, from the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.’
- ‘There is also a religious justification for the ban in this staunchly Lamaist Buddhist kingdom.’
- ‘The Chinese Emperor was the highest patron of Lamaist Buddhism - a concept which allowed the Emperor to think of the Dalai Lama as his client, and the Dalai Lama to think of the Emperor as his disciple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.