One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Scroll paintings called tanka that depicted the various gods and saints of Lamaist Buddhism decorated every temple.’
- ‘The Bogd Gegeen, or spiritual leader of Mongolia's Lamaists, was proclaimed khan of Mongolia on 16 December, and the country's religious center, Urga, became the capital.’
- ‘A Lamaist monk, he wears a five-part ritual crown similar to the one in Plate XIII, from the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.’
- ‘The Chinese Emperor was the highest patron of Lamaist Buddhism - a concept which allowed the Emperor to think of the Dalai Lama as his client, and the Dalai Lama to think of the Emperor as his disciple.’
- ‘There is also a religious justification for the ban in this staunchly Lamaist Buddhist kingdom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.