One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, stocky terrier originating in the Lake District of England.
- ‘Firemen were called out to rescue the Lakeland terrier after it fell whilst walking with its owner on the fells above Malham and Arncliffe.’
- ‘One day Davies went to visit his lodgers, and Ruby, their Lakeland terrier, gazed up at him imploringly, then relieved herself mightily on the kitchen floor.’
- ‘Tan, a Lakeland terrier, went missing on a walk at Embsay reservoir with owner Brian Wright, of Skipton.’
- ‘1968 Lakeland terrier Ch. Stingray of Derryabah becomes the first dog to win Best In Show at Westminster after winning the same award at Crufts, Westminster's London counterpart.’
- ‘Jim's other dog, Milly, a two-year-old Lakeland terrier, is nonplussed by Robbie's antics, probably thinking he is barking and pays no attention to the carpet, preferring to have a nap while Jim sips his pint.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.