One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Of course having pots of money is a much easier route to lairdship.’
- ‘But it is getting ever harder to take his lairdship seriously.’
- ‘Imagined revenge for the Clearances and the totem abolition of private lairdship is the prevailing fantasy on The Mound.’
- ‘Then came a career switch to stand-up comedy, TV acting, movie roles and, finally, the lairdship of Candacraig.’
- ‘By the later 1930s, she and Tony were growing apart: he had become the heir to a Scottish lairdship, on the death of his uncle, and wanted more of the country life of big houses, entertaining, and shooting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.