One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then came a career switch to stand-up comedy, TV acting, movie roles and, finally, the lairdship of Candacraig.’
- ‘Imagined revenge for the Clearances and the totem abolition of private lairdship is the prevailing fantasy on The Mound.’
- ‘By the later 1930s, she and Tony were growing apart: he had become the heir to a Scottish lairdship, on the death of his uncle, and wanted more of the country life of big houses, entertaining, and shooting.’
- ‘Of course having pots of money is a much easier route to lairdship.’
- ‘But it is getting ever harder to take his lairdship seriously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.